Prince Andrew: Lawyer taking Duke of York to court docket over sexual assault allegations accuses him and his authorized crew of ‘stonewalling’ | UK Information


The New York lawyer who’s taking Prince Andrew to court docket over allegations of sexual assault has accused the prince and his authorized crew of “stonewalling”.

Chatting with Sky Information David Boies mentioned the Duke of York and Blackfords, the legislation agency representing him, have failed to have interaction with him and his consumer Virginia Giuffre for 5 years.

Mr Boies mentioned, “We have reached out to Prince Andrew’s authorized crew, various occasions during the last 5 years, we have made an try to have interaction with him to offer him a chance to inform his aspect of the story, to supply any rationalization or context, that he may need for his actions to attempt to resolve this with out the need of litigation.

The prince previously said the sexual encounters 'didn't happen' and suggested a photo showing him with Ms Giuffre may have been doctored. Pic: Shutterstock
Picture:
The prince beforehand mentioned the sexual encounters ‘did not occur’ and steered a photograph exhibiting him with Ms Giuffre might have been doctored. Pic: Shutterstock

“Each such effort has been rebuffed.”

He added: “They’ve completely stonewalled us identical to they’ve stonewalled the prison prosecutors in the USA.

“In consequence, we have not been in a position to have a dialogue with him. They (Prince Andrew’s crew) have been completely uncooperative, not solely with us, however with the entire attorneys representing victims of Jeffrey Epstein intercourse trafficking.”

These representing Prince Andrew mentioned that they had no touch upon the claims made by Mr Boies.

On Monday night time, the lawsuit was filed within the US accusing Prince Andrew of sexually abusing Virginia Giuffre.

Ms Giuffre says she was a sufferer of financier and convicted paedophile Jeffrey Epstein and claims she was made to have intercourse with Prince Andrew when she was 17, however he has all the time categorically denied any sexual contact or relationship together with her.

In a BBC Newsnight interview in 2019, Prince Andrew mentioned he had by no means had intercourse with Ms Giuffre, saying: “I can completely categorically let you know it by no means occurred.”

The duke mentioned he had “no recollection” of ever assembly her and that there have been “various issues which might be fallacious” about her account.

He has additionally steered a photograph exhibiting him along with his arm round Ms Giuffre might have been doctored.

Prince Andrew
Picture:
Prince Andrew

The lawsuit filed on Monday afternoon in a federal court docket in Manhattan alleges the prince abused Ms Giuffre on three events when she was underneath 18, practically twenty years in the past.

Requested if he felt the lawsuit could be sufficient to get Prince Andrew to reply questions concerning the allegations Boies mentioned, “Prince Andrew goes to must now. He cannot ignore the method.

“He can ignore me and ignore my consumer. He can ignore different victims and their attorneys, however he cannot ignore the court docket.

“The court docket course of now’s going to compel him. If he had been to attempt to ignore the court docket the way in which he is ignored us, there could be a default judgment entered in opposition to them.

“That may very well be enforced in the USA or in England or elsewhere on the planet. So I do not assume he will ignore the court docket. And in consequence, he will be held to account.”

Final 12 months Andrew’s authorized crew mentioned that they had been cooperating with authorities in America on the Jeffrey Epstein case, saying the prince had supplied himself as a witness on three separate events.

For the reason that allegations from Ms Giuffre first grew to become public in 2015 he has persistently mentioned they’re “false and with out basis”.

As a result of this new lawsuit is a civil case and never a prison case Prince Andrew can’t be extradited to America, however there are established authorized processes in place for transatlantic civil issues the place persons are being sued, that may very well be used if a court docket decides he should give proof.

Mr Boies mentioned it wasn’t simple for his consumer Ms Giuffre to carry the case ahead underneath the New York Baby Victims Act, however she wished to indicate that even these in positions of energy will be held accountable.

He mentioned: “I feel it was not a call that she took calmly as a result of she’s a spouse and mom she has duties to her household. She is aware of that this may take time, be disruptive.

“She is aware of from previous expertise that Prince Andrew and his surrogates will have interaction in in depth assaults on her. And nobody enjoys being the recipient of these sorts of assaults.

“Nevertheless, she has dedicated herself to making an attempt to carry to account the individuals who have abused her, not solely to vindicate herself but additionally to strive to ensure as a lot as you possibly can, that what occurred to her would not occur to different women.”

Mr Boies confirmed to Sky Information that new proof and new witness statements will type a part of their case on the subject of court docket for trial, and he anticipates that may very well be as early as the center of subsequent 12 months.



Supply hyperlink

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.